Significant victory for RMT members at the front line of the London Overground service

RMT members on London Overground secure major victory over ticket office closures

RAIL UNION RMT has secured a major victory in its ongoing campaign to staff our stations and retain ticket offices with the Mayor of London’s announcement this morning that 47 of the 51 ticket offices previously proposed for closure on London Overground will be retained following pressure from the union and its supporters. 

In September 2018 a consultation was opened on Arriva Rail London’s ticket office closure proposals at stations across much of the Overground Network. Thanks to a mobilisation by RMT  over 6,500 responses were received from a range of organisations and individuals with the vast bulk opposing the plans.

RMT General Secretary, Mick Cash said: 

“This is a significant victory for RMT members at the front line of the London Overground service who led the campaign to stop this ticket office carnage and jacked up the political pressure to reverse the cuts. 

“It proves that trade union campaigning works. 

“However we remain vigilant as in our experience once a package of cuts is proposed they remain an option in the longer term. Any backsliding will result in a new blast of pressure from this trade union and our national campaign to staff our stations and retain ticket offices continues.” ‎

> RMT National News

Wednesday, 12th August
Transport Union RMT responded to Transport for the North’s Northern Infrastructure Pipeline plans which were announced today.
Wednesday, 12th August
Senior Assistant General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
Monday, 10th August
TRUMP TURNBERRY UNION RMT has stepped up pressure to halt Jobs carnage with the formal consultation on the plans due to end on Sunday.
Friday, 7th August
RMT on alert for surge in passengers to coastal resorts this weekend.
Thursday, 6th August
RMT launches global on-line petition to halt jobs carnage at Trump's Turnberry resort