RMT Suspends Industrial Action on Piccadilly and Hammersmith and City Lines

Tube union RMT has confirmed that 24 hours of strike action from tomorrow evening on the Piccadilly & Hammersmith and City  lines in separate disputes involving drivers has been suspended following successful talks with London Underground at ACAS.
The union says that all objectives in the Piccadilly Line dispute have now been achieved and that the union is committed to further talks aimed at a long term agreement on the Hammersmith and City Line.
General Secretary Mick Cash said:
 
“Talks with London Underground have proved to be positive and focussed and as a result we have been able to make enough significant progress to allow us to suspend the strike action in both disputes that was scheduled for tomorrow evening.
 
“There is no question that the advances we have made have been down to the strength and resilience of our members in the workplace backed up by a determined and professional negotiating team. The solidarity that led to the resounding ballots for action has been absolutely decisive.
 
“The union thanks its members and its officers for the exceptional display of unity which has enabled us to make serious progress in resolving the issues at the heart of these disputes.”

> RMT National News

Friday, 21st November
RMT will take strike action on CrossCountry next month after the company failed to resolve long-running issues on pay, staffing and previously agreed commitments.
Wednesday, 19th November
RMT today exposed widespread failures in welfare provision for transport workers, with new survey evidence and frontline testimony showing that women in particular are being denied safe, clean and accessible toilet facilities, leaving employers in breach of basic dignity and clear legal duties.
Wednesday, 19th November
Tube union RMT, will demonstrate outside City Hall tomorrow calling on the Mayor and Transport for London to stop the re-tendering of the London Underground cleaning contract and bring the workforce back in-house.
Wednesday, 19th November
Rail union, RMT today laid bare the safety critical importance of a second person onboard train services after a dispute erupted on East West Rail.
Tuesday, 18th November
RMT steps up campaign to end outsourcing after Lord Ashcroft revealed as majority owner in contractor accused of bullying.