RMT General Grades Committee decision:
We note the offer from Serco Docklands, as follows:
• £900 attendance bonus, paid at £100 per week over a 9-week period for all staff in every grade.
• Time +¾ for any hour worked on overtime throughout the 9-week period with a guaranteed minimum 5 hours per week, 45 hours over the 9 week period, for all staff in every grade.
• Any grade that does not have an Olympic impact will be given ‘first refusal’ in areas such as crowd control should they wish to carry out this work.
• The company will not hire any temporary, one-year contracted staff in any grade where our members are willing and able to cover their grade’s Olympic impact.
We note that following consultation with members, our DLR branch recommends acceptance. We welcome a deal described by our Regional Organiser as the best that he has seen or been party to so far concerning the Olympics, and congratulate our negotiating team.
We note that agreement has not yet been reached on important aspects of working conditions during the Olympics period, for example on issues such as leave, rostering and logistics.
We therefore instruct the General Secretary to:
• Advise Serco Docklands of our acceptance of this offer, specifying that this is acceptance of the monetary offer only, and that discussions and negotiations continue as agreed on areas such as logistics, rosters and holidays with a view to reaching agreement by 1 May 2012.
• Obtain a report on the position in ongoing negotiations about working conditions during the Olympics.
• Place this matter back in front of us in the event of any developments.
• Send a personal letter by post to all DLR members, enclosing a copy of this decision, the agreement, and an appropriate message from the branch secretary.
London Transport Regional Council and branches to be advised.