TfL Members To Take Further Industrial Action On Day Of Olympic Opening Ceremony
We note the correspondence from our Transport for London no.1 branch, and accordingly instruct our members to take strike action as follows:
- Members in Oyster Business Support, Lost Property Office, London Transport Museum and the Travel Information Centres are:
not to book on for any duty starting on or after 07:00 on Friday 27 July, returning to work for duties starting on or after 07:00 on Saturday 28 July
- Members in the Travel Information Contact Centres based at Pier Walk and Albany House which are termed First Contact Telephony for Oyster, Surface, Buses and London Underground are to:
Strike between the following hours: Friday 27 July 10:00- 12:00; Friday 27 July 21:00-23:00; Saturday 28 July 01:00-03:00
We further instruct the General Secretary to:
- write to TSSA and Unite asking for their support in this action
- publish an open letter to all TfL staff explaining that only RMT is taking action over the company’s appalling treatment of staff regarding the Olympics, and asking their support for our fight for Olympic payments that other transport workers are receiving
- send this open letter to all our TfL members by post, enclosing a membership form and encouraging them to recruit a workmate
- ensure that officers and representatives are present at the relevant workplaces at the relevant times to support members taking action
- resource the printing of leaflets and newsletters in support of this dispute
- seek to achieve the maximum publicity for this dispute
- produce a leaflet for the public explaining the reasons for this and other industrial action RMT is taking in support of decent treatment for transport workers during the Olympics, and print these in sufficient quantities for wide distribution before and during this action.
London Transport Regional Council and branches to be advised.