London Underground Service Control Members To Take 72 Hour Strike Action
The strike is now off, and the dispute settled, following successful negotiations
I write to advise branches that the recent ‘Yes’ vote in the above ballot has now been considered by the General Grades Committee and has made the following decision:-
“In accordance with the wishes of our service control representatives and members, we instruct members to take industrial action as follows:
- not to book on for any duties starting after 19:00 on Sunday 1st July 2012, returning to duties starting after 19:00 on Wednesday 4th July 2012
- from 19:00 on Sunday 8th July 2012 until 19:00 on Sunday 15th July 2012, not to work any overtime (including rest day working), and to work to job description only
We note that RMT will be attending ACAS on Friday, and will engage constructively in talks to resolve this dispute.
We further instruct the General Secretary to
- send a personal letter to members outlining the reasons for this action
- provide appropriate information and advice to members employed elsewhere on London Underground concerning the impact of this industrial action
- give full support and resources to our Regional Council’s service control grades committee in building for this dispute, through newsletters, workplace visits, etc
- place this matter back in front of us (or the Annual General Meeting) in the event of any developments, and in any case, on or before Friday 6 July.
London Transport Regional Council, branches and service control representatives to be advised.”
Branches will be updated on further developments and I am currently acting in accordance with the rest of the decision. I will write to our Service Control members in due course.