Cleaners To Be Balloted For Better Pay And Conditions
As ISS Hasn't Respond To RMT's Call For a Better Deal For Cleaners, An Industrial Ballot Will Be Initiated
The General Grades Committee has made the following decision on our claims for ISS cleaners:
We note that ISS has not responded to our claims for cleaners, including better pay, financial reward for the Olympics, sick pay, pensions and travel facilities. Therefore, in line with our previous decision and the wishes of our representatives and lead officer, we instruct the General Secretary to immediately commence a ballot of all members on this contract for strikes and action short of strikes.
We further instruct the General Secretary to:
- Send a personal letter to all members urging them to vote Yes
- Advise members in other companies and grades in the London Transport region of this
dispute and urge them to actively support it
- Resource and support recruitment and organising efforts to further strengthen the union in
- Produce a leaflet for distribution in workplaces urging members to vote yes and any
remaining non-members to join, to include a membership form
- Seek maximum press coverage of the appalling exploitation of cleaners and our efforts to
London Transport Regional Council and branches to be advised.