RMT Demands Justice for Service Control Staff
RMT General Grades Committee decision:
We note the report from our Regional Organiser, and the strong feeling of our service control members about how London Underground is treating them. We therefore agree to declare a dispute with the company, and instruct the General Secretary to prepare a matrix for a ballot for industrial action.
The main issues are as follows:
- Wholesale job losses arising from the move to Hammersmith Service Control Centre
- Non-payment of the Service Operator 3 rate of pay
- Treatment of ex-apprentice secondee Service Operators
- Staffing cuts for Service Control at Neasden SCC (Jubilee)
- Lack of any meaningful offer for Service Control staff for the Olympic period
- Hammersmith signal cabin grading
- Breakdown of machinery of negotiation
Our service control members believe that London Underground has treated all service control staff and representatives with contempt, and are determined to fight for better treatment.
London Transport Regional Council, branches London Underground service control representatives to be advised.
We rename this file MISTREATMENT OF SERVICE CONTROL STAFF – LONDON UNDERGROUND.