Tube Lines Members To Strike At Beginning Of November Over Pension & Passes Dispute
We note the correspondence giving the views of the strike committee formed by our Tube Lines reps.
In line with this, we instruct our Tube Lines members to take industrial action as follows:
- Not to book on for any shift starting on or after 06:00 on Thursday 1 November, resuming to shifts starting after 05:59 on Friday 2 November.
- Not to work overtime at any time between 06:00 on Thursday 1 November and 06:00 on Monday 5 November.
We instruct the General Secretary to:
- send a personal letter by post to the members involved
- arrange a series of workplace visits and meetings in conjunction with the strike committee
- arrange the production and distribution of a bulletin for Tube Lines members, to include reports of the impacts of the industrial action in this dispute so far
- carry out our previous decision to place in front of us a report on the cases of those LUL members who invoked the procedure for refusal to work on the grounds of health and safety concerns during the Tube Lines strike in April.
This cancels the industrial action called as a result of our decision of 18 October 2012.
London Transport Regional Council, branches and Tube Lines representatives to be advised.