As Tube Lines Cleaning Contract With ISS Nears End RMT Pushes For Cleaning Service To Be Brought In House
Noting that Tube Lines' cleaning contract with ISS expires on 31 March 2013, we resolve that the union will run a high-profile campaign for the contract to be brought in-house.
We therefore instruct the General Secretary to:
- produce a leaflet for both members and the public urging support for this
- produce a petition (both printed and online) to Tube Lines' owner, TfL
- organise leafleting sessions and protest actions
- arrange a meeting with supportive GLA members and TfL Board members
- raise this issue at the next meeting of our Parliamentary group
- obtain a report on possibilities for industrial action on this issue
We link this file to the file NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR JUSTICE FOR CLEANERS IN THE TRANSPORT INDUSTRY.
London Transport Regional Council, branches, cleaners’ representatives and Tube Lines representatives to be advised.