Tube Lines To Issue Free Travel Passes To All Staff Following 72 Hour RMT Strike
We note the report from our Regional Organiser that at a meeting yesterday, Tube Lines offered the following:
- Tube Lines would start immediately to issue staff Oyster cards to all staff and also
issue staff nominee passes in line with those issued to LUL staff.
- A joint working party would be set up to look at the rates of pay, terms and conditions,
pensions and 75% reduction on mainline railways between Tube Lines and APD.
We welcome the stated intention of our Regional Organiser to arrange workplace visits and send emails, letters and text messages to members explaining the situation and our stance. We instruct the General Secretary to resource this dissemination of information.
"Tube Lines would start immediately to issue staff Oyster cards to all staff and also issue staff nominee passes in line with those issued to LUL staff."
We further note the proposals from our Regional Organiser, which are supported by our representatives and branches. Accordingly, we agree to suspend all industrial action, and take part in the Joint Working Party on agreed terms of reference, with the aim of securing passes and pensions for all on Tube Lines in line with the rest of London Underground.
We further instruct the General Secretary to:
- Devise Tube Lines of our stance.
- Send a personal letter to all Tube Lines members advising them of the progress of this dispute and the suspension of industrial action.
- Obtain regular reports on the progress of talks
- Place this matter in front of us in the event of any developments.
London Transport Regional Council, branches and Tube Lines representatives to be advised.