RMT Will Take All Necessary Action To Defend Sacked SA Dayna Nembhard
We note the report from our Regional Organiser on this shocking case. We are appalled that London Underground has seen fit to victimise and sack a member of staff who did nothing more than stand up for herself against a racist attack while she was off-duty.
We note that there is to be a Directors' Review of this case tomorrow, and give notice that should this not lead to Dayna’s reinstatement, this union will fight this injustice with all methods at our disposal.
We therefore instruct the General Secretary to:
- pursue this case through the full procedure agreed last year, including a meeting between himself and Mike Brown before proceeding to industrial action if necessary
- raise this issue with our Parliamentary group
- arrange a meeting with Dayna's GLA member, Navin Shah
- support and resource the organising efforts of Dayna’s branch, our Regional Council, and its Black and Ethnic Minority Members’ Committee and Station and Revenue Grades Committee
- seek maximum publicity for this case
London Transport Regional Council and branches to be advised.
- Related Stories