Council of Executives Member's Report to Regional Council, February 2012
Submitted by Janine on 29 February, 2012 - 11:13
These are the issues I covered in my report to the Regional Council on 23 February:
- Track contractors’ charter
- Website / app
- RMT/TSSA merger
- Eurostar cleaners / Heathrow Express
- Petrit’s legal case
- Women – training / conference
- Alstom – Jerusalem LR
- TUSC – C of E to consult branches
- Grades and equalities conferences
- World Book Day / ULRs
- Tube Lines pay, pensions, DSM dispute
- Breaches of casualisation dispute settlement (ICSAs, agency staff)
- Stations access
- Taxis – scrappage scheme, identifiers, withdrawal of ranks, complaints procedure, etc
- Fit For London
- Asbestos contamination, Central Line (east end)
- Diamond Jubilee bank holiday
- Tripcock testing
In addition, Regional Organiser Steve Hedley covered the following:
- Barclays Bikes
- Mitie recognition
- Carlisle / DLR recognition
- Olympics – bonus / no leave
- Emcor – fingerprints / vehicle trackers / recognition
- James Masango
- Thales pay
- Bargaining Agreement – CBS Outdoor
- Driver CDI, Neasden branch
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
TUBE UNION RMT warned today London Assembly members risk unleashing the biggest wave of industrial action on London Underground in 30 years after City Hall politicians lined up this morning to attack basic tube workers' rights including pensions and passes.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said: 'This is another blast of bad news to hit Jubilee Line users after the repeated problems with the fleet and the automated operating system.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to be balloted for strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.