RMT Asks Members to Reject Alstom's Below-Inflation Pay Offer
General Grades Committee decision:
We note the latest offer from Alstom Metro Trains:
• year 1: 4% increase on basic pay
• year 2: 4% increase on basic pay
• up to £400 Olympic bonus
• proposals on travel costs and appraisal interviews
We note that this offer does not meet our claim or our members’ aspirations, as it:
• is below RPI for this year
• may well be below RPI for next year
• compares badly to other pay awards in the region
• does not adequately reward our members for working during the Olympics, as the £400 bonus is small, and so loaded with conditions that few will receive the full amount
We therefore accept our Regional Organiser’s recommendation to conduct a referendum of members recommending that they reject this offer. We instruct the General Secretary to send a personal letter to all members outlining our reasons for recommending rejection.
LU Fleet branch and London Transport Regional Council to be advised.