RMT General Grades Committee decision:
That following London Underground’s refusal to even discuss re-employing Arwyn Thomas and the GGC’s decision of 23rd May 2011, we call strike action as follows: -
All London Underground Train Driver Members are further instructed not to book on for any duty that commences: -
- Between 21.01 hours on Sunday 19th June 2011 and 03.00 hours on Monday 20th June 2011.
Following this action the General Secretary is instructed to convene a meeting with ... [named RMT representatives] ..., Lead Officer, AGS and GGC members on Wednesday 22nd June 2011 to review the action taken, assess the situation and discuss organisation and preparation for possible future action which we declare below: -
All London Underground Train Driver members are further instructed not to book on for any duty that commences: -
- Between 21.01 hours on Monday 27th June 2011 and 11.59 Hours on Tuesday 28th June 2011
- Between 12.00 hours on Wednesday 29th June 2011 and 11.59 hours on Thursday 30th June 2011
- Between 12.00 hours on Friday 1st July 2011 and 21.00 hours on Friday 1st July 2011
We instruct the General Secretary to
- Send a personal letter by post to all our London Underground Driver Members outlining and explaining these actions.
- Send a Personal letter to all our London Underground members in other grades outlining these actions and explaining why they should support this campaign;
- Provide Material and practical assistance for the organisation of picket lines;
- Produce a leaflet for the public explaining our case without further delay.
Further we instruct the General Secretary to obtain from our Regional Organiser a membership report and detailed plan for the recruitment and retention of train driver members on London Underground.
London Transport Regional Council and branches with London Underground members to be advised of this decision.
This issue to be placed back in front of us in the event of any further developments.