Nominations for Regional Council Executive
Submitted by admin on 29 December, 2010 - 21:20
Nominations are open for the following Regional Council officer positions:
- Vice President
- Assistant Secretary
- Financial Secretary
- Membership Secretary
- Political Officer
- Black and Ethnic Minority Members Officer
- Women's Officer
- LGBT Officer
- Young Members' Officer
- LU Learner Reps' Co-ordinator
In addition, nominations are open for:
- 2 auditors
- 2 trustees
- 17 members of the Regional Council Executive, preferably one from each branch
Please note that:
- Nominations must be agreed at a branch meeting.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Regional Council Secretary by the February meeting of the LTRC Executive, on 8 February.
- Branch chairs and secretaries, and grades committee chairs and secretaries, are automatically members of the Regional Council Executive, and so do not need to be nominated separately.
- Candidates must either be present at the time of their nomination (ie. at the Executive meeting), or consent to their nomination in writing.
- If, for any post, there are more valid nominations than posts available, an election will be conducted by show of branch cards at the Regional Council AGM on 24 February.
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said: 'This is another blast of bad news to hit Jubilee Line users after the repeated problems with the fleet and the automated operating system.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to be balloted for strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle lines to be balloted for action over attack on working conditions