Meetings and events
RMT National Women’s Conference
Date – 7 & 8 March 2014 (commencing 14.00 on 7th)
Venue – Jurys Inn, Glasgow
More details as we get them
EVERY JOB MATTERS
EJM Action committee meeting
Tuesday Dec 10 @ 1600 Unity House
What the cuts mean to you
• Every ticket office closed
• 953 job losses
• No night turn supervision
• Station staff to reapply for their jobs
• Cuts in train & track maintenance
• Driverless trains
• Cuts in service control
What can you do?
• Come to the action committee meeting on 10th December @1600 at Unity House, Chalton St London NW1- Euston/Euston Sq stns
• Return your ballot paper- VOTE YES for action
Keep up to date with campaign at: www.rmtlondoncalling.org.uk
EVERY JOB MATTERS
Jubilee South branch special EJM meeting
The Jubilee South branch is holding a special meeting on Thursday 5th December at 1600 in the Blue Eyed Maid. This meeting is specifically to discuss the devastating cuts planned by our bosses. Come along and have your say. This is your opportunity to find out the facts and discuss tactics on how to fight back.
- Special branch meeting
- Thursday 5th December – 1600
- The Blue Eyed Maid, Borough High Street
- Nearest Tube London Bridge
- Your chance to have your say
The National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers (RMT) and African LGBT Out and Proud Diamond Group protesting outside the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania - 27th Nov 2013.
The RMT is alarmed by reports of rising hostility towards Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) rights in Lithuania, and of attempts to introduce proposals to Parliament that attack the rights of Lithuania’s LGBT citizens.
We strongly oppose the proposals to:
- ban gender reassignment
- give legal protection to ‘criticism of homosexuality’ ie. anti-LGBT speech
Yesterday, the 25th of November, the European Transport Workers’ Federation joined the union movement and its affiliated members in drawing world-wide attention on workplace violence against women.
The ETF website posted a statement saying:
RMT Bakerloo Branch Raffle
A couple of bottles of Georgian wine
Super Union RMT Body Warmer
3rd & runner up Prize-
RMT Limited edition T-Shirts
£3 a ticket
4 tickets for £5
Monday 2nd December
Red Lion, Kingly Street, London
Autism in the Workplace is a really exciting event being run at the Workers’ Educational Association - WEA - on 9th January 2014, 9.30am–4.30pm. It is sponsored by Simpson Millar and run in partnership with the RMT.
Please read on for details of the course and to register for a place.
Bakerloo Branch Annual General Meeting
Monday the 2nd of December.
The AGM will take place at the Red Lion, Kingly Street, London, W1B 5PR (nearest tube Oxford Circus) starting at 1600 and will immediately be followed by a social with our General Secretary Bob Crow due to attend.
Noam is a 19 year old woman from Jerusalem who was jailed last year for refusing to serve on the Israeli Defence Force as part of compulsory national service.
I am pleased to advise you that we will be holding the 2014 RMT Young Members’ Conference in Edinburgh. The Conference opens with a Reception event for delegates on Thursday 20th February; all delegates are invited to attend. The Conference proper opens at 10.00hrs Friday 21st February and closes at 14.00hrs Saturday 22nd February 2014.
- Delegates are invited to arrive on Thursday 20th for a Conference reception meeting in the reception of the Premier Inn at 18.00hrs.
- The Conference itself will take place at the Premier Inn in Haymarket, Edinburgh.