Submitted by Janine on 16 August, 2009 - 20:35
The following guest speakers addressed the AGM:
- David Cretney, Isle of Man Minister of Transport
- Joe O'Flynn, General Secretary SIPTU (Irish transport union)
- Karl-Heinz Zimmerman, Transnet (German transport union)
- John McDonnell MP, convenor of RMT's Parliamentary group
- Assaf Adiv, Manager of the Workers' Advice Centre, Israel
- Avraham Edri, Chairman, Histadrut
- Paddy Crumlin, National Secretary, Maritime Union Australia
- Chris Kane, Western District Secretary, Maritime Union Australia
- Cedric Godevin, CGT (French trade union)
- Dan Kane, Vice President, Eastern Region, Teamsters union, USA
- Masaharu Takei, President of Japanese Railway Workers' Union
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said: 'This is another blast of bad news to hit Jubilee Line users after the repeated problems with the fleet and the automated operating system.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to be balloted for strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle lines to be balloted for action over attack on working conditions