RMT Pay Claim for Medical Redeployment
As part of the RMT pay claim this year it was proposed that medical redeployment would mean that any member of staff who was for medical reasons unable to do their current job would be given at least one other job offer. Management have agreed to discuss this with us. The same proposals were forwarded by other unions. The only union that did not submit medical redeployment as part of their pay claim was ASLEF.
It is quite shocking then that ASLEF are attempting to claim this issue as their idea even though their pay claim which can still be seen in notice boards does not make any reference to medical redeployment. To help overcome this misunderstanding I am attaching below the RMT pay claim so that you can look at it and decide for yourself who is telling the truth on the matter.
Steve Hedley Regional Organiser
From Circular No. IR 283, November 27 2008
RATES OF PAY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2009:
LONDON UNDERGROUND LTD EDF ENERGY POWERLINK METRONET (BCV AND SSL) TfL ALSTOM METRO TRAINS
I write to confirm that a common claim for improvements to rates of pay and conditions of service in 2009 was formally lodged with all of the above employers last week. The basis of the claim is as follows:
- A substantial increase in rates of pay for all grades and additional protection for the lowest paid grades in the form of a minimum salary of £26,000
- Improved travel facilities for non-safeguarded employees
- A reduction in working hours without loss of pay
- A ‘London Living Wage’ as a starting wage for all contract staff
- A guaranteed job offer on medical redeployment
- Abolition of performance related pay
- Progressive ‘family-friendly’ policies
All of the above employers are now in possession of our detailed written submission.
I am hopeful that negotiations will begin early in respect of all companies. At this time, I am able to confirm that initial talks with LUL will take place on 16th December 2008. You will of course be kept advised of all developments.
Bob Crow GENERAL SECRETARY