RMT Members Proposed industrial Action Secures Acceptable Olympic Payment At Thales
We note the report from our Regional Organiser, and that significant progress has been made in talks, leading to a new offer being tabled by the employer, including:
- payments to employees to compensate for the change in annual leave allocation from a number of days to an equivalent number of hours
- improved shift allowances
- an Olympics payment of £20 per day, maximum £680
- 1% pay rise
We note that our representatives recommend accepting this offer and report that a majority of members wish to accept it, and accordingly instruct the General Secretary to advise the employer of our acceptance and cancel our planned industrial action. We note that this progress was possibly only because our members were willing to take sustained industrial action, and place on record our appreciation of the hard work of our representatives and of LU Engineering branch.
We further instruct the General Secretary to:
- send a personal letter by post to all members involved, including a copy of the agreement
- convene a meeting of our Thales representatives to draw up an organising campaign within this company, and place a report of this in front of us.
London Transport Regional Council and LU Engineering branch to be advised.