RMT Pursues Pay and Olympics Claim for ISS Cleaners
RMT General Grades Committee decision:
We note the report from our Regional Organiser, that RMT has submitted a pay claim to ISS, and met with the company on 20 March to demand:
- a substantial, above-RPI pay rise
- a substantial Olympic bonus
- a sick pay scheme
- free travel passes
- improvement to the pension scheme
Should ISS not agree to these demands, our representatives wish us to ballot members for strike action and action short of strikes.
We fully support our members’ stance, and reiterate our determination to end low pay and super-exploitation of cleaners, whose treatment is nothing short of scandalous.
We instruct the General Secretary to:
- place ISS’s response to our pay and conditions claim in front of us when received, and in any case by 30 March
- publicise to the media the scandal of cleaners’ low pay and poor working conditions, in particular highlighting the impact of the Olympic Games on them and the apparent unwillingness of cleaning contractors to adequately reward them
- link this file to the file LUL/22/2 OLYMPIC RECOGNITION AND REWARD – TRANSPORT FOR LONDON.
London Transport Regional Council and branches to be advised.