Urgent Meeting For All Service Control Staff
|Ballyshannon by Albert Bridge|
We are holding an urgent meeting for all service control staff affected by Hammersmith SCC on Tuesday, 31st January from 12.00 until 16.00
The meeting will be held at Conference Room 1, RMT Headquarters, Unity House, 39 Chalton Street, NW1 1JD. The closest tubes are Euston and Kings Cross. (Map.)
It is of upmost importance that you attend.
Speakers: Steve Hedley - Regional Organiser
Service Control Functional Council Reps
London Underground intends to totally change the service control provision on a number of lines.
- ALL signal cabins on London Underground will close
- Baker Street and Earls Court SCCs will close
- All SO1, SO2, SO3 and SO4 grades will become redundant
- The SCL1 grade at Baker Street will become redundant
- The SCAC grade will become redundant
- London Underground have stated categorically that voluntary severance is NOT an option
- Up to 264 Service Control staff will be affected
- Up to 164 jobs are at risk
- Staff may be redeployed to lower grade, lower paid jobs and lower paid pensions
- There will be wholsesale job loses
Despite numerous demands by the Trade Union reps regarding numbers required at Hammersmith control room and grading, management claim they don’t know!
As part of this process, management have decided to visit each location to ascertain where staff wish to work after the change.
DO NOT CO-OPERATE IN THIS PROCESS
Until the Trade Unions are given the information that we require in order to make an objective assessment, and we can agree protection for all staff affected, we advise that you consult with your trade union representative before participating in any one-to-one interview with management or their representatives.
Make no mistake that the RMT reps on the JWP have agreed nothing and will support each and every member.
For more information contact one of your Representatives!