Council of Executives Member's Report to Regional Council Executive, October 2011
Submitted by Janine on 11 October, 2011 - 17:00
- LU pay
- referendum closes 27 October
- James Masango
- remedy hearing adjourned until November
- press release today
- Station staffing
- Don’t send VIPs to Victoria!
- National SOS campaign
- action short of strikes
- need to demand meeting with LU
- also to table claim to all employers in LT region
- Lobbies of Parliament
- Bombardier lobby - tomorrow!
- McNulty lobby - 25 October
- Agency workers
- new legislation in force
- RMT women
- regional events
- women’s training
- equal pay audit?
- Disabled members’ conference
- 8 November, Friends House
- Young members’ advisory committee
- LT Region representatives: Debbie French, Jayesh Patel, Emma Linacre, David Gray
- LTRC resolutions
- riots – referred to Political Sub-Committee
- updating membership database – not accepted
Please note that I will be on leave 23-29 October
Janine Booth, 11/10/11
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said: 'This is another blast of bad news to hit Jubilee Line users after the repeated problems with the fleet and the automated operating system.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to be balloted for strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle lines to be balloted for action over attack on working conditions