Act Now to Win Justice for James!
RMT General Grades Committee decision:
That we are utterly disgusted by London Underground’s continuing refusal to reinstate James Masango despite the Employment Tribunal ruling two months ago that LU had dismissed James unfairly and with the company 100% to blame.
The formal processes have failed to reverse this shocking injustice. We therefore instruct the General Secretary to, without any further delay, implement our previous decisions on this matter, and specifically to:
1. launch an information campaign similar to that run for other members sacked unfairly by LU this year
2. send personal letters and emails to members
3. raise the case urgently with our Parliamentary group
4. obtain the maximum possible media coverage of this shocking case
5. make the necessary preparations for a ballot for industrial action, beginning with our train grades membership and escalating if necessary to all London Underground members.
We further note the resolution from our London Transport Regional Council and accordingly instruct the General Secretary to link our campaign on this case to that of victimised Bakerloo line driver Jayesh Patel.
London Transport Regional Council and branches with London Underground members to be advised.