Council of Executives Member's Report to Regional Council, 25 August
Submitted by Janine on 26 August, 2011 - 08:00
- London Underground
- revised offer (Y1 5%, Y2-4 RPI+0.25%, Y5 RPI+0.5%) rejected by GGC
- other unions also rejected; RMT wrote to ASLEF urging joint response: no reply
- LU has referred the issue to ACAS
- campaign needed in workplaces; LTRC meeting for members, 15 September
- CTS – 3% offer, feedback sought
- Alstom – revised offer: Y1 4%; Y2 4% + Olympics bonus of up to £400 – Regional Organiser recommends referendum with recommendation to reject
- Tunde Umanah reinstated
- James Masango won Employment Tribunal; unfair dismissal
- Jayesh Patel, Tony Rowntree – appeals refused
- Shaun McKenzie suspended
- Review of industrial disputes, LU – Review chair conducting interviews; please give any input to Janine or Steve – GGC agreed to raise issue of delays to CDI/appeal decisions
LONDON UNDERGROUND – OTHER ISSUES
- Stations Job Cuts
- boycotts of Enhanced AFM Functionality and Line Reserve planned to start 1 September
- publicity / workplace organising required
- national campaign on station staffing - meeting in Doncaster, 19 September
- ‘Know your rights’ booklet’ – will be available next week
- Changes to T/Ops’ procedures eg. recategorisation of platforms, sensitive edge – Regional Organiser to report
- Command and Control Review – some replies received from LU, inadequate – reps’ meeting to take place (release refused so far)
- Service Control rostered rest days – outcome of Directors’ meeting: no changes to rest days
OLYMPICS – Regional Organiser to report
- Young Members’ Advisory Committee – nominations open
- sexism survey – please promote to women members
- anti-homophobia poster
- meetings of Women’s and Black and Ethnic Minority Members’ Advisory Committees next month
- RMT disability conference to be held this year
- Council of Executives Equal Rights Sub-Committee meeting next week
RMT/ TSSA MERGER
- see decision
- RMT team = Mick Cash, Alex Gordon, Malcolm Dunning, Owen Herbert (Micky Thompson reserve)
- Requests for reduced (£1) rates for Initial Rentokil cleaners and Sodexho canteen workers – referred to Council of Executives’ Organisation, Training & Education Sub-Committee – decision expected in early September
- LTRC resolutions (2010) on RMT website / ‘app’ – Council of Executives to discuss; see decisions
- RMT AGM decisions – most referred to sub-committees – to be discussed again by Council of Executives in September
- GLA inquiry into TfL/LU customer service information – RMT made submission after seeking input from relevant reps/members
NATIONAL RAIL ISSUES
- McNulty demonstration 25 October
- campaigns on First Transpennine Express; Amey; Jarvis; Bombardier
Janine Booth, 25 August 2001
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
TUBE UNION RMT warned today London Assembly members risk unleashing the biggest wave of industrial action on London Underground in 30 years after City Hall politicians lined up this morning to attack basic tube workers' rights including pensions and passes.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said: 'This is another blast of bad news to hit Jubilee Line users after the repeated problems with the fleet and the automated operating system.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to be balloted for strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.