Useful links for women members
- RMT women
- Advice, support and information for women workers
- Campaigning for women's rights
- information about RMT's National Women's Advisory Committee, Women's Conference etc: www.rmt.org.uk/women
- RMT Women's Charter: http://www.rmt.org.uk/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeId=115325
- RMT London Transport region women: http://www.rmtlondoncalling.org.uk/women
- RMT women's survey: http://www.rmtlondoncalling.org.uk/node/2307
- Trades Union Congress (TUC) women: http://www.tuc.org.uk/equality/index.cfm?mins=123&minors=24&majorsubject...
- TUC report: gender impact of the cuts: http://www.rmtlondoncalling.org.uk/node/2278
Advice, support and information for women workers:
- Thompson's solicitors: booklets on sex discrimination and other employment rights issues: http://www.thompsonstradeunionlaw.co.uk/information-and-resources/employ...
- government advice: work and families: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Moneyandworkentitlements/WorkAndFami...
- government advice: flexible working: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Flexibleworking/index.htm
- government advice: part-time worker protection: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Flexibleworking/DG_173304
- government advice: sex discrimination and equal pay: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ResolvingWorkplaceDisputes/Discri...
- Women's Aid, helping women to escape domestic violence: http://www.womensaid.org.uk/
Campaigning for women's rights:
- Women Against the Cuts: http://womenagainstthecuts.org/
- Feminist Fightback, socialist-feminist activist group: http://www.feministfightback.org.uk/
- Charter for Women: http://www.charterforwomen.org.uk/
- No Sweat, campaigning against sweatshop labour: http://www.nosweat.org.uk/
- Abortion Rights: http://www.abortionrights.org.uk/