London Taxis branch resolutions
Submitted by admin on 26 June, 2011 - 23:00
RMT's London Taxis branch passed the following resolutions at its June meeting:
- "that the London Taxi Branch hold demonstrations throughout the event of the Olympics if the Branch continues to be excluded from meetings at Taxis and Private Hire, Transport for London on matters related to the London taxi trade".
- "that the London Taxi Branch set up a "strike committee" in relation to (1) above and to look at ways of blocking Olympic Lanes.
- "that the London Taxi Branch lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner and the Local Government Ombudsman over the unfair and biased treatment by Taxis and Private Directorate in relation to its Engagement Policy".
- "that the London Taxi Branch requests the General Secretary to take all legal steps possible to stop the constant barrage of misinformation which emanates from the Licensed Taxi Drivers' Association newspaper publication TAXI which is destroying the good standing and reputation of the RMT London Taxi Branch within the London Taxi fraternity".
- "that the London Taxi Branch request the General Secretary and the Council of Executives take all legal routes necessary to put to an end the discrimination of RMT London Taxi Branch members through the Transport for London's Taxi and Private Hire Directorate discriminatory Taxi Engagement Policy, a policy which prevents the RMT negotiating on behalf of its members"
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
TUBE UNION RMT today slammed plans set out by London Tories to allow commercial sponsorship of tube stations as 'a blueprint to destroy London's transport heritage in the name of private profit.'
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to take strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.
TUBE UNION RMT warned today London Assembly members risk unleashing the biggest wave of industrial action on London Underground in 30 years after City Hall politicians lined up this morning to attack basic tube workers' rights including pensions and passes.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.