Egypt: Links to Information about Workers and the New Independent Trade Union Federation
Submitted by Janine on 3 March, 2011 - 15:59
Here are some links to information about Egyptian workers and the new independent union federation:
- Report from RMT Bristol branch website on 2009 rail strikes
- Centre for Trade Union and Workers' Services (It will probably load first in Arabic. Towards the top left is a menu bar. Click on it, and you can switch to English.)
- ITUC supports new independent trade union federation
- Egypt Workers' Solidarity website
- TUC is "heartened" by the formation of the new independent federation
- TUC: New federation "deserves support from all of us"
- Page about Egyptian workers from AFL-CIO (US equivalent of TUC) solidarity centre
- Port workers’ union in Egypt wins recognition
- If you would like to read a 136-page AFL-CIO report, 'The Struggle for Worker Rights in Egypt', you can download it for free here
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
TUBE UNION RMT warned today London Assembly members risk unleashing the biggest wave of industrial action on London Underground in 30 years after City Hall politicians lined up this morning to attack basic tube workers' rights including pensions and passes.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said: 'This is another blast of bad news to hit Jubilee Line users after the repeated problems with the fleet and the automated operating system.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to be balloted for strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.