Questions and answers for fixed-term contract CSAs about the upcoming strike ballots
Q: What are RMT's upcoming ballots?
RMT is launching two ballots for industrial action. One ballot, which covers all grades of LU staff, is for industrial action in our campaign for a decent pay settlement and proper compensation for moving to 24-hour running ("Night Tube"). The other three Tube unions, ASLEF, TSSA, and Unite, will also be balloting their members on these issues and we are working towards coordinated action.
Download, print and distribute the latest edition of RMT London Calling.
RMT London Calling
news from the London Transport Regional Council
www.rmtlondoncalling.org.uk June 2015.
WHAT THE MAYORS NIGHT TUBE VANITY PROJECT MEANS TO US;
* DERISORY PAY OFFER & NO STRIKE DEAL
* INCREASED ANTI-SOCIAL HOURS
* WORK -LIFE BALANCE DETERIORATION
* RIPPING UP OF NEGOTIATED AGREEMENTS
MASSIVE INCREASE IN NIGHT TURNS
REDUCED MAINTENANCE TIME AVAILABLE
VOTE YES FOR STRIKE ACTION
Central Line East branch has written the attached letter to Unite in support of their campaign of industrial action on London buses.
Piccadilly News is the newsletter for drivers at Arnos Grove, Acton Town and Northfileds.
In this edition:
- Rock solid again
- Arnos Grove depot - best supported strike at Arnos Grove ever
- Acton Town and Northfields - There was a tremendous show of support from all but a few
- Once again, RMT station staff responded magnificently tothe strike call
- Attack on pensions
Read the latest edition of rmtplatform
Unions force management to reveal extent of cuts plans affecting every grade. LU isn’t budging yet....
Get ready to strike again!
Talks give us 5 reasons to keep fighting
-Huge scale displacements
-Lower grades disadvantaged
-more work. less customer service
- fewer front line staff
please download, print and display in your workplace
- Update as current talks reach conclusion
- 1800 front line jobs threatened
- LU is demanding cuts in operational pay rates while suggesting that a salary four times that of the Prime Minister is not enough for a senior manager.
- Disastrous reforms which nobody besides senior management either need or want
Please print and distribute the newsletter below, from which this text is taken
Dear RMT reps/activists
Please see attached some new flyers for distribution to London Underground members. The purpose of these is to ensure that members know that we will probably need to strike again and that they are ready for this; that non-members are encouraged to join and be part of the fight; and to step up pressure on LUL management.
Printed copies will be available at the Regional Council Executive meeting next Tuesday and after that from Unity House.
Fantastic support from all our members
A magnificent effort by all RMT members in supporting the action over the last 2 days
Despite the lies and half-truths pedalled by LUL management and the anti -trade union media we have shown that with solidarity and unity our stance is absolutely the right one.
We stood firm and had a massive impact on services.
Mike Brown lied on BBC news when he said the RMT had not turned up for talks at ACAS with LUL in the lead up to the strikes. He suggested he was talking to an empty chair
Download this leaflet, which has been produced in black and white for local copying.
Many areas will have the "Hands off London transport" public leaflets which should also be used. However, the HOLT leaflet is a general one and does not mention our strike action.
Public support cannot win our dispute alone but our strikes will put more pressure on Boris and our employer if the public understand the real issues and support us.
Please take the leaflets to your picket lines.
Attached is an updated useful guide for picketing - please download and share
- Choose in advance the best place(s) to picket. This should be where you will get best access to people arriving for work so you can persuade them not to go in. Try to cover all entrances.
- In addition, you may choose to picket a location such as a busy station, where you can leaflet and speak to the public too.
- Get members to volunteer to picket and to commit to a particular time slot.